Get the most out of your day
Whether you are considering or wanting to change something about your current lifestyle the following tips may be useful.
- Starting your day off right is an important step for how you feel about the rest of the day. Try to eat a light nutritional breakfast and take five minutes out to reflect on what you want to achieve today.
- Choose to greet the day with a positive attitude. You have the choice of setting the right tone for a positive outlook or a negative outlook every day. You get back what you give out.
- Organise your daily tasks on a list. It does not matter how many tasks are on the list. You will feel much better when you can tick one task of as been done. Also, it may show you how much you do in a day and will give you an opportunity to reduce the pressure by reducing the number of unnecessary tasks.
- Inspire yourself by seeing yourself in a positive light. Success is the adding up of all the little successes along the way. Climb the stairs step-by-step not all in one go.
- Remind yourself of past successes. Look at what you have done, it doesn’t matter how small they are, they are done. Often I ask people ‘what have you achieved today’? The answer is often ‘nothing’. Getting up in the morning can be an achievement for some. Getting the kids to school is a big achievement. Be realistic in your measurement of what you achieve in any day. Life is difficult. Do what you need to do.
- Work on your gratitude. Do you take the time to appreciate your blessings? Being alive, breathing, loving and being loved, walking and running, eating, drinking, learning and being able to live. I’m sure you could think of many more.
- Practice self-improvement. Work towards positive changes in personal growth while you actively make changes that you know will benefit you in all areas of your life.
- Increase motivation. “Motivation is not something you wait to get, motivation is something that you do.”
- Incorporate creativity into your life. Being creative leads to personal growth and is a great way to relax. Creativity comes in many forms, art, music, learning, play, thinking etc… Many people say that they don’t know how to be creative, these same people put meals on the table every day, find ways to pay the bills, sort out family difficulties and continue to live with a positive state of mind. How creative are you?
- Have faith in yourself and your ability. The power of positive thinking works.